The above link leads to an webpage that can be used to create and save character data. Please read the below tutorials to prevent frustration and difficulty:
At the top of the page you will find a small section with a button that says "Roll." Before you click this, you will want to type in numbers in the following two text areas.
Open File & File Handling
File handling, like any other thing that involves programming, can be quite confusing! Luckily, I have tried to make it quite simple.
Choose File - opens a previously saved characters file.
Save file - saves a characters file into your downloads folder.
Save Character - saves your character's data. You must save at least once for each new/ edited character. To create a new character, select 'select a character,'
fill in the sheet, and click save. Select your character from the drop down list and change data and then click 'save character' to update their data.
Delete Character - deletes a character from the current character data.
There are some things relating to character information that you should know:
- Selecting a race/subrace - Everytime you select a race and a subrace, the form will randomly generate a new body for your character, giving them height and weight.
- Selecting a class - Everytime you select a class & subclass, the form will update your ability saving throws and the skills you have proficiency with.
- Selecting a background - each background you select will automatically select skills that it has proficiency in.
- Carry weight is automatically adjusted everytime the Strength ability is calculated.
- Armor class is automatically calculated whenever your character